Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hola

I cannot believe I haven't written here for a whole month!

I have just been running out of things to write about.

October was a month that brought a lot of changes to my otherwise boring routine or rather, the lack of it.
I had been in my shell for almost a year now & decided to slowly try and find a place for myself somewhere than waiting endlessly for something great to happen. So, it started with me taking a random decision by accepting a project to keep myself occupied. It led to me being super busy & stressed instead, but atleast the stress was directed differently so I'd like to think my decision wasn't a bad one.

In the middle of all this, I spent a few nights at a friend's place and we stayed up talking all night the first night I was there!! It's nice how some people just seep into your life like they've always been there and staying with them seems as comfortable & natural as living by yourself. Better too! I feel lucky to have such friends..

Spent a weekend in Goa with my parents. It was our yearly religious trip but this time, it was slightly more relaxing than all the times we have been there.

I took some photos in my dad's phone..

This is where we stayed :






It's called "Bhakt Niwas" and is temple accommodation but the building looked so vibrant & royal that I could not resist taking pictures..


And this is the temple building :


Who'd say it's a temple!!! right?

Somebody was in a mood to pose for a picture ;)


Doesn't he look like he's winking at the camera?  :D

I tried taking pictures of the sunset across the landscapes from the train on the way back.. but it was an AC train so the windows were shut.. 












Some of the photos look like they are painted on canvas because of the settled dust on the windows :D The last one looks like it's from a dream..

I think I prefer travelling in Sleeper trains (with the windows open and lots of people).. they have a different feel altogether.

I started attending & performing at Open Mic, Prithvi Cafe.. it happens every fourth Tuesday of the month. My first time there was quite nice. I met someone new, read out one of my poems, listened to others perform and had a good time. The second time around, it was a bit dull. I read out some of my short poems but was shaky for some reason. Also, it got over very soon.

Navratri just came and went by .. it wasn't as fun as last year and that was the same with Diwali.

On one of the days, a friend & I had gone to Worli Seaface post dinner .. and we came across people were bursting firecrackers, lighting sky lanterns.. it was so lively & colourful!!


People lighting sky lanterns..

A small boy lighting one more sky lantern

In the air..

A family lighting chakras..

I love these!!! Can look at them all day :) This one was clicked by my friend.


And this dude was bursting fireworks in his hand !!!

Wrong person wearing the superman tee :D


So many sky lanterns.. there were more!!

So it was a fun evening..
In other news, my birthday is coming up soon ..I had thought of making a bucket list but dropped the idea..
I know what I want to do pretty much.. worry less and take the train out of the city more often :)

Until next time, cya! :)

2 comments:

Sunita Prabhu said...

Nice one Anubha!
Even I think I should be taking a train (or Bus) out of the city more often....at least once in two months.Hope that is a possibility.....keeping my fingers crossed!

Anubha said...

@Sunita

Thanks. I wish you always find opportunities to travel :)